This tour is a great way of experiencing a more serene and natural side to Bali, away from the traffic and hustle of central Ubud. We will cycle through jungle, rice fields and local villages on a mixture of dirt paths and quiet back roads. It is not a particularly challenging cycle, but if you do get tired or need a short break from the heat of the Bali sun, you can ride along in the tour vehicle.
• Seeing beautiful mountain, jungle and rice field scenery
• Visiting a traditional Balinese family compound
• Laughing and taking selfies with school children on a visit to a local school
• Tour of a coffee plantation and enjoying a morning luwak coffee
• Delicious home cooked Balinese lunch
• Experienced local tour guide
• Air-conditioned transport, pick up and drop off at hotel
• Fully serviced mountain bikes and helmet
• Balinese lunch
• Balinese snacks
• Mineral water
What to bring:
• Sports shoes and clothes appropriate for a day of cycling
• Money for extra drinks at the restaurant
Guests are collected from their hotel and the tour begins with a visit to a coffee plantation. Here we take a short tour of the plantation and enjoy sampling a wide range of tea and coffee flavours. You can also fuel up for the ride by trying a cup of Bali’s famous luwak coffee.
We then take a scenic drive up to the start point in Kintamani, stopping on the way for a photo op at the awesome Mount Batur, once we’ve collected our bikes and helmets we are ready to ride!
After a while on our bikes we take a short break to see some traditional stone carvings and watch the carvers at work. Then we proceed to Gunung Raung Temple where the guide will explain the significance and history of the temple whilst you enjoy some delicious Balinese snacks.
Now we cycle along a mud path through the beautiful green rice fields and stop to say hello to the cheeky school kids at the local primary school. They love taking selfies with visitors or even playing a game of volleyball!
Nearing the end of the tour, we ride through Bresela village and visit a traditional family compound where you will get an insight into every day village life. You may even get to feed some pigs!
Finally, we reward ourselves for all that hard work with a delicious home cooked lunch at a local homestay.
Pick Up Time:
Kuta 7:30 – 7:45 AM
Sanur 7:45 – 8:00 AM
Ubud 8.30 – 8:45 AM
• Adult US $40
• Children Under 12 year US $ 30
• Adult US $ 45
• Children Under 12 year US $ 35
US$ 20 for infant